If you wanted to make money online but didn't want to set up a website or invest any money in fancy software or equipment, would you do it?
What if I told you that it was possible to make money using just your voice?
Well, it's true and there are thousands of people 'out there' who are using their own voice to generate a sideline (or full-time) online income, and it's not as hard as you might think.
In this blog post I'll share with you my "simple plan" to show how you can start making money online using your voice.
Don't worry, you won't need to set-up a website or drive traffic.
And the best bit is, it will take just 5 minutes of your time to get things set-up.
The key to making money online is to get started doing SOMETHING, but not by trying to do EVERYTHING.
In other words, don't try to bite off more than you can chew.
Just start out with one simple focus.
Your $5-a-Day Plan
Let's say that your plan is to make $5 extra a day.
You can easily do this by offering a service, such as a simple "voice-over", on Fiverr.com.
Although $5 doesn't sound like a lot, it is a starting point and if you did that every day of the week, it would mean an extra $35/week.
That works out at $1820/year!
And who wouldn't want an extra $1820 per year for something you can do in just a few minutes per day?
The Tools You'll Need
Definition Of A Voice-Over
- 1. a piece of narration in a film or broadcast, not accompanied by an image of the speaker. "the budget is summarized in a voice-over at the end of the news"
- 1. narrate (spoken material) for a film or broadcast as a voice-over. "we had to voice-over some passages of dialogue"
- An account with Fiverr.com (it's free to sign up)
- A PayPal account (again, it's free to sign up)
- A service you're willing to do for $5 (let's say... a 30 second voice over)
- Your voice (obviously) :)
- A way to record your voice (I'd say use your smartphone)
Putting The Pieces Together
Now we've got everything together, there are just a 5 simple steps to complete and you too will be able to offer voice-over services on Fiverr.com.
Your Simple 5 Step Process
- STEP 1. You'll need to Log-in to Fiverr and create the listing.
- STEP 2. Record an example of your voice and add it to your Fiverr listing.
- STEP 3. When you get an order, record the script on your smartphone (use the Voice Memos app on iPhone).
- STEP 4. Send the voice-over file (via email) from your phone and then upload it to the buyer via Fiverr.
- STEP 5. Promote your listing by telling people it's there (use your Facebook & Twitter accounts to do this). Fiverr will reward you with a higher ranking if you bring some visitors to your offer.
The time it'll take you to create your first listing is less than an hour and even if you get just 1 order a week, you'll be on your way to generating an additional income stream.
If you'd like more tips like this, simply sign up for my free Audio Creation Kit below.
Really interesting blog,
It’s great to hear you’re enjoying the blog. :)
Can’t do voiceovers today, got a rotten cold.
Perhaps I could get my German Shepherd to do a barking voiceover!!
(will have to use my wife’s smartphone because I’ve only got a P.C. and a laptop) LOL
P.S. Roll on summer because I’m fed up with the cold and the rain in the U.K.
You know, Fiverr is full of crazy ‘gigs’, so offering a recording of your “barking dog for $5” isn’t perhaps such a bad idea. :) You never know what people will buy.
Get well soon and I completely agree, some sunshine would be nice. If only we could order that on Fiverr, eh? ;)